3-5. Service Upon Receipt of Materiel (cont).
(6) Remove lifting ring from lifting hook and separate lifting ring from sling hooks. Remove sling hooks from
lifting eyes and remove ropes from rear towing eyes.
c. Securing shelter on Truck. (figure 3-2)
(1) Install plate and eye bolt assemblies (part of sling assembly) on cargo bed siderails of truck as shown in
(2) Hook ends of four sling assemblies to tiedown eyes at each top corner of shelter, using hooks at furthest
end of cables from turnbuckles.
(3) Hook sling hooks at opposite end of cables to appropriate eye bolts on truck. Make sure sling hooks
point away from shelter.
(4) Tighten all turnbuckles evenly by hand. Then turn each turnbuckle an additional one-half turn with a bar
or rod inserted in turnbuckle slot.
Do not overtighten turnbuckles. Overtightening may tear lifting and tiedown eyes from
shelter or damage eye assembly or shelter.
(5) Insert appropriate size wooden blocks between shelter skids and sides of truck bed to prevent sideway
movement strain on sling cables.
(6) Insert appropriate size wooden blocks between shelter skids and cab wall of bed to protect cab wall and
shelter towing eyes.
(7) Raise and secure truck tailgate.
3-6. Site Requirements. Site requirements will depend on the requirements of the equipment contained in
the shelter. Refer to the end item technical manual for siting instructions.
Section IV. TROUBLESHOOTING
3-7. Troubleshooting. This section contains troubleshooting information for malfunctions which may develop
in the shetlers. Fault isolation is limited to those components which maybe repaired or replaced at the unit level.
Table 3-1 lists the common malfunctions you may encounter during operation or maintenance of the shelter. Each
malfunction is followed by a list of tests or inspections and corrective actions. These tests or inspections and
corrective actions should be performed in the order listed. This manual cannot list all malfunctions that may occur.
If you encounter a malfunction that is not listed or that cannot be corrected by the listed corrective actions, notify