4-15. Intake Louver Assembly and RFI/EMl Filter.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Automotive Tool Kit
Electronic Equipment Shelter Tool Kit TK-144/G
Air inlet filter removed (para 3-16)
Sealer (Item 29 or 30, Appendix D)
Shielded shelters have an RFI/EMI filter mounted to the emergency exit frame, between
the intake louver and the air inlet filter. When replacing the intake louver in a shelter
without RFI/EMl shielding, omit the steps in this procedure that pertain to the RFI/EMl
fitter and tape.
(1) Prop emergency exit cover (1) open.
(2) Working on inside of emergency exit, unscrew 92 slotted screws (2), while assistant supports intake
louver assembly (3) from outside.
(3) Working on outside of emergency exit, take four retaining strips (4 and 5), intake Iouver assembly (3)
and RF/EMl filter (6) off frame (7). Peel off tape.
(4) Install tape on all mating surfaces between frame (7) and flange of RFI/EMl filter (6).
Make sure sealer is still wet when installing intake louver assembly (3) and retaining
strips (4 and 5).
(5) Coat both sides of flange of intake louver assembly (3) with sealer.
(6) Working on outside of emergency exit, position RFI/EMl filter (6) against back of intake louver assembly
(3) so that mounting holes in flanges line up.
(7) While assistant holds intake louver assembly (3) and RFI/EMl filter (6) in position against frame (7),
install eight comer slotted screws (2) from interior side of emergency exit.