5-7. Towing Eye Assemblies.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Automotive Tool Kit
Skid assembly and mounting bracket removed
SC 5180 -90-CL-N26
Electronic Equipment Shelter Tool Kit TK-144/G
Sealer (Item 29 or 30, Appendix D)
The shelter has one towing eye assembly at each bottom corner. This procedure is
typical for all four.
a. Remove. (figure 5-2)
(1) Remove five socket head screws (1), two cap screws (2), two flat washers (3) and two lockwashers (4)
and remove towing eye assembly (5 through 8).
(2) Remove and retain shims (9 and 10).
(3) Inspect condition of rivnuts (11) and replace if necessary (para 3-9.b).
b. Disassemble (figure 5-2)
Remove bolt (5) and self-locking nut (6) and take towing eye (7) off fitting (8).
c. Assemble (figure 5-2)
Position towing eye (7) on fitting (8) and fasten with bolt (5) and self-locking nut (6). Make sure bolt
head is on top and nut on bottom, as shown in figure 5-2.
d. Install. (figure 5-2)
(1) Coat both sides of shims (9 and 10) and entire inside of fitting (8) with sealer.
(2) Position shims (9 and 10) against inside of towing eye fitting (8) so that mounting holes line up.
(3) Position towing eye assembly (5 through 8) on shelter corner so that eye (8) is on front or rear of shelter,