Service Upon Receipt of Materiel (cont).
(3) Lift shelter to a position high enough to clear truck bed.
(4) Back truck into position under shelter.
All personnel must remain clear of truck
ered into place.
while shelter is being low-
(5) With one person at each rope, guide shelter into position so it is aligned above
truck bed, and maintain that position while lowering shelter into place on truck
(6) Remove lifting ring from lifting hook and
Remove sling hooks from lifting eyes and
separate lifting ring from sling hooks.
remove ropes from rear towing eyes.
Securing Shelter on 2 1/2-Ton or 5-Ton Truck. (Figure 3-2)
(1) Install plate and eye bolt assemblies (part
rails of truck as shown in Figure 3-2.
of sling assembly) on cargo bed side-
(2) Hook ends of four sling assemblies to tiedown eyes at each top corner of shel-
ter, using hooks at furthest end of cables from turnbuckles.
(3) Hook sling hooks at opposite end of cables to appropriate eye bolts on truck.
Make sure sling hooks point away from shelter.
Do not overtighten turnbuckles. Overtightening may tear lifting
and tiedown eyes from shelter or damage eye assembly or shelter.
(4) Tighten all turnbuckles evenly by hand. Then, turn each turnbuckle an addi-
tional one-half turn with a bar or rod inserted in turnbuckle slot.
(5) Insert appropriate size wooden blocks between shelter skids and sides of truck
bed to prevent sideway movement strain on sling cables.
(6) Insert appropriate size wooden blocks between shelter skids and cab wall to
protect cab wall and shelter towing eyes,
(7) Raise and secure truck tailgate.
Site Requirements. Prior to the delivery of the shelter at the destination point,
consideration must be given to the size and weight of the shelter in order to have the neces-
sary material, handling equipment, and space available. The shelter may be operated at un-
A level site is desired but is not absolutely necessary. Prior to unloading
and deploying the shelter, the following site preparations must be
Determination of approximate position and orientation of
the shelter on the selected