This task covers:
General Mechanics Automotive Tool Kit
Sealer (Item 28, Appendix D)
Inspect. (Figure 3-13)
(1) Inspector damaged T-latch assembly (2).
(2) Inspect latch assembly holder (7) for damage and secure mounting.
Repair. Repair of the T-latch assembly consists of replacement of the missing,
damaged, or defective part, as necessary, according to the following procedure:
(1) Remove four blind rivets (1) securing T-latch assembly (2) to shelter and
remove Tlatch. (Refer to paragraph 39.a. for rivet removal instructions.)
(2) Remove and retain four phillips head screws (3), flat washers (4), lock washers
(5), and nuts (6) attaching T-latch holder (7) to door panel and remove holder.
All screws must be dipped in sealer prior to installation.
(3) Position new holder (7) in place on door panel and secure with four phillips head
screws (3), flat washers (4), lock washers (5), and nuts (6).
(4) Secure T-latch assembly (2) with four blind rivets (1). (Refer to paragraph 3-9a
for rivet installation instructions.)
(5) Apply a bead of sealer around edge of T-latch assembly and T-latch holder.
3-24 Change 1
Figure 3-13. T-Latch Replacement.