Inspect. (Figure 3-20)
(1) Inspect the door assembly (2) for external damage.
(2) Inspect the silicone weather gasket (15) for tightness.
(3) (Shielded) Inspect the EM gasket (1.1)for damage and secure mounting.
(4) Inspect the door for positive closing and proper operation.
(5) Inspect the knob assemblies (1) for tightness for securing the emergency exit
panel (2) to door panel.
Test. (Figure 3-17) Test of the door assembly consists of testing for proper seal
pressure on the silicone weather gasket. The procedure listed below shall be performed at
the center top and bottom of the door; 1/2 inch from each corner; and along the sides of the
door in 2 places (approximately 1/3 and 2/3 the height of the door), ass hown in Figure 3-17.
(1) Place a single piece of paper (0.005 inches maximum thickness by 2-1/2 inches
wide) between the silicone weather gasket and its bearing surface.
(2) Close and lock the door.