Recessed Step Pan Assembly.
This task covers: a.
Automotive Tool Kit
Sealer (Item 28, Appendix D)
Blind Rivets, Various
Inspect. (Figure 3-27)
(1) Inspect for ease of positioning.
(2) Inspect for cracks or other damage.
Replace. (Figure 3-27)
(1) Pull step (1) out and down to operating position.
(2) Remove two attaching locknuts (2) and remove step (1).
(3) Remove three blind rivets (3) and seven blind rivets (4) attaching the recessed
step pan (5) and remove from wall.
(4) Position recessed step pan (5) in place on shelter wall and secure with seven
blind rivets (4) and three blind rivets (3).
(5) position step (1) in place and allow captivated bolts to enter the mounting holes
of new step.
(6) Using two locknuts (2) secure step (1) to recessed step pan (5).
(7) place a bead of sealer around edges of recessed step pan assembly.
Repair. Repair of the recessed step assembly consists of replacement of the damaged
or malfunctioning component.