This task covers: a.
General Mechanics Automotive Tool Kit
Sealer (Item 28, Appendix D)
Inspect. (Figure 3-30)
Prior to attempting to perform maintenance on the skids, ensure
that shelter is supported properly to prevent injury to personnel.
(1) Inspect for secure mounting and dents.
(2) Inspect for damage to the shock mounts and foam filler.
The shelter should be raised and supports placed on the bottom of
the front and rear panels between skids. The skids should be
approximately one foot above the ground.
Although the skids may be damaged with dents, they can be used
again if the shock mounts and foam filler internally are replaced.
Replace. (Figure 3-30)
(1) Remove and retain six hex head bolts (1), twelve flat washers (2), and six nuts
(3) attaching each skid assembly (4) to skid runner (5), and remove the skid
(2) Remove any damaged shock mounts (6 and 7) and core (8, 9, and 10).