(5) lTEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the fig-
ure referenced in adjacent figure number column.
FIGURE AND ITEM NUMBER INDEX.
(1) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located
in Section II and Ill.
(2) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the fig-
ure referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the item.
(4) CAGEC column. The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a S-digit nu-
meric code used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(5) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individu-
al, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by
means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item
or range of items.
USABLE ON CODE. The usable on code appears in the lower corner of the Description column
heading. Usable on codes are shown as UOC:.. In the Description Column justified left) on the last line appli-
cable item description/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models.
ASSOCIATED PUBLICATIONS. The publications listed below pertain to the Power Supply, Test
Set, AN/USM-428 and its components.
Power Supply, Test Set
HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
When National Stock Number or Part Number Is NOT Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to
which the item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly
groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the
(3) Third. ldentify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the item num-
ber noted on the figure.
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.