Door Assembly (cont).
(6) Screw knob assembly (1) into air inlet panel retainer (5) and secure knob
assembly chain to retainer with a blind rivet (4).
(7) Position Emergency exit panel (2) in place on door opening and secure to door
(3) by turning the four knob assemblies (1) clockwise.
(8) Apply a continuous bead of sealer around the mating surface of the T-latch
holder (14) and air inlet panel retainers (5) to door.
Install. (Figure 3-19)
(1) For assembly instructions to secure the roller latch assembly on a new door,
refer to paragraph 3-20.
(2) Position door in place and turn door handle to closed position.
(3) Butt each of the four hinges (8) against the door and secure using two 5/16-24
x 2-27/32 bolts (4), one 5/16-24 x 2-23/32 bolt (5), three flat washers (6), and
three self-locking nuts (7).
(4) Secure the door stop bracket (2) to inside of door using ten phillips head screws
(1) and with a phillips head screw (3) secure the chain end.
Repair. (Figure 3-20) Repair of the door assembly consists of panel replacement
and repair of the silicone weather gasket, (Shielded) EM shield, knob assemblies, air
inlet panel retainers, drip moulding and T-latch holder.