Emergency Exit Panel Assembly (cont).
Figure 3-21. Typical Locations for Emergency Exit Panel Gasket Testing
The absence of any resistance to the withdrawal of the paper
indicates that the gasket is not touching its bearing surface, thus
indicating insufficient pressure.
(3) Withdraw the paper. Resistance to the withdrawal of the paper indicates
proper seal pressure. If there is no resistance, the seal should be replaced as
the material has likely broken down.
Remove. (Figure 3-20)
To prevent damage to panel or injury to personnel, ensure someone
will receive panel on outside of door.
(1) Turn the four knobs (1) counterclockwise to release emergency exit panel (2).
(2) Push emergency exit panel (2) to outside and remove.
Disassemble. (Figure 3-22)
(1) Remove the silicone weather gaskets (1 and 2) from the inside edges of the
panel and cover.
(2) (Shielded) Remove the EM shield (1.1) from the inside edges of the panel.