Towing Eye Assembly.
This task covers: a.
General Mechanics Automotive
Sealer (Item 28, Appendix D)
Inspect. (Figure 3-28)
(1) Inspect for free movement and secure mounting.
(2) Inspect for cracks or other external damage.
(1) remove the threaded ring collar (1) attaching the towing eye assembly (2) to
the shelter using a spanner wrench.
(2) Place the towing eye assembly (2) at the proper position on the shelter.
(3) Attach the towing eye assembly threaded ring collar (1) to the shelter using a
(4) Add a continuous bead of sealer around periphery of threaded ring collar (1).
c. Repair. Repair of the towing eye
assembly consists of replacement of a damaged or
Figure 3-28. Towing Eye Assembly Replacement